What to do if you think (or know) your dog or cat has been poisoned:
- Check if they’re breathing normally, and note any changes in behavior.
- Do NOT give them anything to eat or drink, or try to induce vomiting without consulting with a veterinarian or the Poison Control Helpline first.
- Save some of what they ingested (or its container) to give that information to the vet.
- Call your vet (or ER vet if it’s after-hours) or a Poison Control Helpline to determine the next steps.
Phone Numbers to Call:
24/7 Animal Poison Control Helpline ($49 per-incident fee will apply) 855-764-7661
ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center ($65 charge may apply) (888) 426-4435
ASPCA also makes an Animal Poison Control Center app for your smart phone: